AFRICAN PARASITE NETWORK MEETING
Embracing and advancing interdisciplinary research in parasitology on the African continent
– For established and early-career researchers only –
12 September 2022, 15:00-18:00
Kruger National Park, South Africa
Welcome (10 minutes)
– Sonja Matthee (President of PARSA)
Guest Presentations on their experience of Africa-Africa collaborative research projects (40 minutes)
– Simbarashe Chitanga (University of Namibia, Namibia),
– Maxwell Barson (Botswana University, Botswana) and
– Nico Smith (North-West University, South Africa)
Open discussion: key points/issues (115 minutes)
- How to facilitate Africa-Africa collaborations.
- The need for training and capacity development.
- Opportunities for faculty/student exchange visits.
- Multi-institutional collaborative funding options.
Summary & The way forward (15 minutes)
- The meeting is open to established and early-career researchers that are conducting research in Africa and or working on African taxa.
- The meeting is free of charge for all delegates that register for the ICPOW congress.
- Confirmation of attendance on the conference registration form.