TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
ALL ACCOMMODATION MUST BE BOOKED BY NO LATER THAN 8 JULY 2022 THROUGH THE SECRETARIAT
The congress will take place during the high tourist season and therefore all accommodation and registrations fees need to be paid latest by 8th July 2022 in order for us to keep the block reservation. The rest of the camp is already fully booked.
We know there are challenges with some of the Academic Institutions and Government Departments and would like to accommodate all delegates as far as possible. If needed, we recommend that you make provision for an advance in order to settle your accommodation and registration fees in time. Purchase orders should also be processed and paid by 8th July 2022 to secure your accommodation booking and conference registration. Please check the procedure with your financial department to adhere within the timelines. Quotes, Invoices and Statements are available on the online registration system.
Please note, the Congress Organisers can only manage accommodation reservations for the period of the congress (in on 11 September and out on 15 September). Any pre- or post-congress bookings should be made directly with Sanparks at www.sanparks.org.
- Registration is a pre-requisite for booking of accommodation.
- All accommodation bookings will require a 50% deposit within 7 days of the reservation and the balance by 8 July 2022.
- Delegates wishing to extend their stay in Kruger Park, i.e. enter the park prior to 11 September 2022 or leave the park after 15 September 2022 should book that specific accommodation separately and directly with SANParks (www.sanparks.org).
- There will be no refund for payments if delegates are unable to attend the congress.
- Accommodation payments can be made via PayFast (online), but is subject to a 4.5% processing fee to cover credit card charges. Electronic transfers are free of charge and no processing fee will be added.
- All cancellations will be subject to a R250 administration fee.
Please note: The congress officially ends with the Gala dinner the evening of the 14th of September. Due to the gate closures, you will be required to stay over on the night of 14 September and only depart the next day (15th September 2022).
On entrance to the Kruger National Park you will receive an “Entry permit”. Before finally exiting the Park you need to get an “Exit permit” from the Camp Reception office. It is advisable that you obtain the “Exit permit” the afternoon before departure. Please be aware of the relevant office hours of the Camp Reception. Please note: you will not be allowed to exit the Park gates if you are not in possession of an “Exit permit”.
Accommodation has been reserved at Skukuza, Kruger National Park, and all accommodation bookings for the congress have to be made through SAVETCON.
Accommodation ranges from luxury, river-view bungalows, self-catering bungalows and bungalows and safari-tents without kitchen facilities. All accommodation units have their own barbecue facilities.
The comfortable, en-suite, thatch-roofed bungalows and safari-tents have 2 or more single beds and are rented on a room-only basis.
Tariffs are based per unit per night and is valid for one or two persons – there is an additional fee for a third person sharing the accommodation.
Skukuza Camp has a cafeteria, a restaurant (Cattle Baron) and a well-stocked shop that offers basic commodities (e.g. groceries, bread, vegetables, drinks, meat, toiletries, etc.).
All coffee & tea breaks, lunches, the welcome reception, catered boma-braai and the gala dinner are included in the full registration fee.
There are numerous transport options available to guests for travel to and from Skukuza Rest Camp in the Kruger National Park.
Recommended – By Air
Airlink operates daily scheduled flights between Johannesburg, Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Bloemfontein and Cape Town to the Skukuza Airport, located a short distance from the Skukuza Rest Camp. Shuttle services would need to be pre-arranged from both airports. Book flights
Daily flights available:
- OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg – Skukuza Airport @ 10:00am
- Cape Town International Airport – Skukuza Airport @ 10:35am
- Skukuza Airport – OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg @ 11:20am
- Skukuza Airport – Cape Town International Airport @13:20pm
Transfers from Skukuza Airport
The Skukuza Airport Management Company appointed Avis as the car hire service provider at Skukuza Airport providing car hire and point-to-point shuttle service between Skukuza Airport and Skukuza Main Camp.
Not only will Avis provide pre-booked vehicles for collection at the Skukuza Airport for guests arriving on Airlink’s schedule flights direct from Johannesburg and Cape Town, but they will also offer a shuttle service to the main Skukuza Camp. Avis has a well-established infrastructure at the Skukuza Camp having provided car hire facilities to the visitors to the Park for many years. The opportunity to fly directly into the Kruger Park, hire a car and immediately begin your game drive as you exit the airport is unique. Shuttle services are R295 per person, one way and must be pre-booked.
By Road – Paul Kruger Gate (from OR Tambo airport)
- Take Jones Rd and get on the R21 in Jet Park, Boksburg
- Follow N12 and N4 (the N4 heads towards Mbombela (also known as Nelspruit)) to R36 in Mpumalanga Province. Exit from N4/R36
- Take theR539 to the N4.
- Follow the N4. Exit from N4
- Then take the R40 to Hazyview via White River.
- From Hazyview, take the R536 to the Kruger gate.
- Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the total trip (OR Tambo airport to Kruger gate).
- Skukuza Camp is 12 km away from the Kruger Gate. Allow about 30 minutes for the drive to the camp.
Transfers from OR Tambo International Airport to Skukuza
Transfers from and to OR Tambo can be booked online with EZ Shuttles. Book here.
- The booking reservation code is R7840396 and must be presented to security personnel at the entrance gate;
- Proof of identity, identity document. (ID), passport or alternative valid identification e.g. driver’s license card is required for scanning upon entering/exiting the Park
- On arrival at Skukuza camp, please proceed to the Congress Venue Reception to collect your room key.
- Collect an exit permit at the Congress Venue the day before departure – you will not be able to exit the park without the exit permit.
Transfers from OR Tambo International Airport
Transfers from and to OR Tambo can be boked directly with EZ Shuttles. Book Here.
Park and Camp gate times
* Park Entrance Gates Open @ 06h00
* Camp Gates Open @ 06h00
** All Gates Close @ 18h00#
# Late arrivals are allowed for emergencies only and are subject to the following conditions:
– An additional cost per vehicle will be charged
– Late arrival must be arranged in advance with the gate
– Evidence for late arrival must be provided
– Guests must have pre-booked accommodation at camps that are within 10km distance from relevant gate
– Arrangements for late arrival after 21:00 will not be permitted
– Under no circumstances are late arrivals allowed at the following gates: Pafuri, Phalaborwa, Giriyondo & Phabeni.784